Managing Director - SC&H Group
As a Managing Director of SC&H Capital, Chris provides M&A strategy and deal counsel to optimize transaction results and develop robust growth capital formation strategies.
With over 25 years of finance, venture capital, and capital markets experience, Chris has extensive expertise in structuring, negotiating, and executing transactions, including private placements of equity, senior, subordinated, and mezzanine debt.
Chris has worked in multiple globally-recognized investment banks, successfully raising over $1.6 billion in 48 transactions for companies in a wide range of industries.
Moreover, he has a track record of guiding companies through acquisition, expansion, recapitalization, restructuring, and ownership transition, allowing them to evaluate their growth and financing options to yield the greatest benefit. He also founded the Private Investment in Public Equity (PIPE) and Registered Direct (RD) private placement practices for public companies at a large national investment bank.
Prior to joining SC&H Capital, Chris served as head of the Private Finance Group of a financial services firm, where he was responsible for leading investment bankers and capital markets professionals in raising growth capital for clients nationwide.
Awards and Presentations
Chris regularly serves as a panelist and relationship manager at monthly industry conferences.
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Betamore Board of Advisors
- Cyber Advisory Panel, Baltimore Business Journal
- Member, Greater Baltimore EdTech Advisory Task Force
- M.B.A. degree, Emory University
- B.A. degree in Economics, Northwestern University
- VC Firm Investing $15M Into Baltimore Startups [Article]
- What Differentiates SC&H Capital’s M&A, ESOP, and Business Valuation Expertise? [Video]
- Representative M&A Transaction and Capital Raise Success for SC&H Capital [Case Studies]
- The Future of Healthcare IT: Making Your Middle-Market Company a Prime M&A Target [White Paper]