Director - SC&H Group
Scrutinizing supplier contracts may not be the first thing companies think about, but once they see the possibilities of recovery, they typically turn to contract compliance audit services again. An international technology company did just that when it engaged Bill and his team to examine where outside suppliers were not fully compliant in meeting contractual agreements. That project yielded millions of dollars in recovery, and when a portion of the company reorganized into a smaller business, it called on Bill again, and recovered almost all of the overcharges identified.
Bill directs the Contract Compliance Audit Services practice. He has nearly 15 years of experience providing companies with comprehensive reviews of their operational and internal controls, and in contract compliance, with reviews of how companies’ contractual arrangements compare with their invoice payments to outside suppliers. Bill has assisted in identifying processing errors that have provided opportunities for cost savings, profit maximization, and cash refunds, in aggregate, in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
He designs highly efficient and effective audit procedures to evaluate compliance with policies, procedures, controls, and terms and conditions of contracts. Providing his clients with professional services knowledge transfer, Bill and his team also make specific recommendations and provide training for how companies can strengthen contract language and controls to further stem financial leakage
Among Bill’s clients are some of the most recognized companies in the world. He has managed successful consulting engagements for national and multinational corporations throughout the U.S., Asia, Europe and Australia. Bill and his group’s goal is to consistently exceed clients’ expectations on every project, from engagements with small private companies to recurring engagements related to the yearly audit plans of SC&H’s Fortune 50 clients.
Bill joined SC&H as Audit Manager, and was promoted soon afterward to Senior Manager of Contract Compliance Audit, which he now directs, having led the group to becoming one of the premiere contract compliance professional services providers in the country. Before joining SC&H, Bill was employed by a national accounting firm, where he specialized in Business Advisory and Assurance Services.
Bill is a graduate of Pennsylvania State University, where he received a B.S. in Accounting. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensed in the State of Maryland, and a Certified Internal Auditor. He is also a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA), and was named one of Maryland’s Top 100 CPAs by Smart CEO magazine. Bill has presented on contract compliance issues, both global and U.S.-based, for the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and the Sourcing Interests Group (SIG).
Active in his community, Bill has served as a board member for the Donnybrook Improvement Association, and has volunteered with Habitat for Humanity. He also is a board member, volunteer, and the treasurer of Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), which recruits and guides volunteer advocates for abused or neglected children in the court system until the children are adopted or otherwise find a permanent home.
- Enhancing the Return on Agency Contract Compliance Audits [White Paper]
- Six Traits of An Effective Agency Contract Compliance Auditor [White Paper]
- Drilling for Truth: Nine Common Contract Compliance Myths [White Paper]
- Finding the Right Prescription for Pharmaceutical Success [White Paper]
- Integrating Contract Compliance Audits into Growth Strategy to Minimize Risk and Maximize Returns (Part One of Three) [Graphic Recording]
- Finding the Right Prescription for Pharma Regulatory Compliance [White Paper]
- Establishing a Foundation of Trust by Integrating Contract Compliance Audit Programs into Operations (Part Two of Three) [Graphic Recording]
- Optimizing Stakeholder Performance by Integrating Contract Compliance into Corporate Culture (Part Three of Three) [Graphic Recording]
- The Truth about Contract Compliance Audits: Webinar with the Sourcing Industry Group [Webinar Recording]
- Pharma Alert: Ten Key Indicators That You Should Perform a Contract Compliance Audit [White Paper]
- Nine Key Times an Oil and Gas Company Should Consider a Contract Compliance Audit [White Paper]
- Eight Key Indicators That CMOs Should Conduct a Contract Compliance Audit [White Paper]