- This event has passed.
Personal Property Tax Issues for Retailers
July 17, 2013 @ 8:00 AM (EDT) - 5:00 PM (EDT)
Please join SC&H Group’s personal property tax team for a webinar on reporting and assessment issues unique to retailers. Issues of inaccurate cost basis or over-assessment may be small on a location-by-location basis, but often add up to a significant overpayment of personal property tax either regionally or nationally. It is no secret that these issues exist, but finding a cost effective and efficient way to deal with them can be difficult.
Join This Webinar to Review:
- Common personal property tax issues and concerns encountered by retailers
- Inaccurate fixed asset records
- Compounded effect of remodels and resets on asset accuracy
- Unrecorded disposals (ghost assets)
- Double-taxation and excessive valuation of leasehold improvements
- Overstated cost and/or value of inventory
- Tools and tips for proactively minimizing these issues
- How to identify and address your biggest pain points
- Effective audit management and minimizing escape assessments