Principal - SC&H Capital
Matt is a Principal with SC&H Capital, leading M&A transactions for business owners and boards, maximizing results in sell side representation, capital raises, recapitalizations, management buyouts, and divestitures.
With more than 15 years of M&A transaction and investment banking experience, Matt specializes in providing organizations with expertise in various merger and acquisition transaction scenarios, as well as financial and strategic advisory services.
Matt has a strong track record of helping business owners, senior management teams, and boards to determine transaction opportunities that yield the greatest benefit.
He has advised on deals valued at over several billions of dollars over the past decade. Matt’s experience includes successful transactions across numerous industries, including IT products and services, manufacturing, distribution, government contracting, managed services, training, and logistics.
Awards and Presentations
Matt was selected in 2014 as a winner of the “40 Under 40” national award for dealmakers by M&A Advisor.
Matt is also a frequent speaker and author on the topics of mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, and business valuation.
- Alliance of Merger and Acquisition Advisors
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Armed Forces Communication and Electronics Association
- Y of Central Maryland Community Advisory Board
- Treasurer, UMBC Research Park Corporation
- Cybersecurity Advisory Group, Maryland Department of Commerce Initiative
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training
- M.B.A. degree in Leadership, Loyola University Maryland
- B.S. degree in Business Management, North Carolina State University
- General Securities Representative (Series 7)
- General Securities Principal (Series 24)
- Uniform Securities Agent (Series 63)
- TS/SCI clearance
- What Are Four Top Factors to Consider When Choosing the Right Exit Strategy? [White Paper]
- Steps to Take Now to Sell Your Business Later [White Paper]
- You’re Ready to Sell Your Business – What’s Next? [White Paper]
- Q2 2016 GovCon Market Update [Newsletter]
- Are We Nearing the End of a Strong M&A Run? Key Insights from the ACG M&A East Conference [Blog Post]
- Top 5 Tips for Manufacturers to Maximize Valuation Outcome for a Sale or Investment in Today’s M&A Environment [Podcast]
- Bowles Fluidics Sale to Morgenthaler Private Equity Named ACG Maryland “Deal of the Year” Winner
- The Bechdon Company Sale to Affiliate of Ridge Engineering
- White Cliffs Consulting Sale to Novetta Solutions/Arlington Capital Partners
- JKA Technologies, Inc. Sale to KEYW Corporation (Nasdaq: KEYW)
- ElanTech Systems, Inc. Sale to Noblis, Inc.
- Performance Technology Group Sale to World Wide Technology, Inc.