Principal - SC&H Capital
Greg is a Principal with SC&H Capital, where he provides merger and acquisition, ESOP advisory, and business valuation services to private company business owners.
With more than 14 years of investment banking and business valuation experience, Greg leads sell side and buy side M&A transactions, ESOP transactions, business valuation engagements, and debt and equity raises.
Greg has successfully advised business owners and shareholders on a wide variety of corporate transactions valued at over several billions of dollars over the past decade.
In addition to having delivered results in an active sell-side M&A practice, Greg has successfully led over 40 transactions in SC&H Capital’s ESOP advisory practice. His expertise in both M&A and ESOP transactions has allowed him to provide clear and unbiased advice to clients about how best to accomplish their goals.
His experience spans a wide variety of industries including healthcare, business services, manufacturing, distribution, professional services, and government contracting.
Awards and Presentations
Greg is a frequent speaker nationwide on ESOP, valuation, and merger and acquisition topics. Some recent presentations include:
- “Strategic Options for ESOP Companies” – Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the ESOP Association (Williamsburg, VA March 2016)
- “Let’s Make a Deal: The Evolution of an ESOP Transaction” – Multi-State ESOP Conference of the ESOP Association (Scranton, PA September 2014)
- “ESOPs for Government Contractors” – National Center for Employee Ownership Annual Conference (Seattle, WA April 2013)
- “M&A for ESOP Companies” – Tri-Chapter Conference of the ESOP Association (Pinehurst, NC March 2012)
- ESOP Association
- National Center for Employee Ownership
- Association for Corporate Growth
- American Society of Appraisers
- Board Member, Association for Corporate Growth Maryland chapter
- Board Member, ARC Baltimore
- M.S. degree in Finance, Loyola University Maryland
- B.A. degree in Economics, University of South Carolina
- Investment Banking Representative (Series 79)
- Uniform Securities Agent (Series 63)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
- Are We Nearing the End of a Strong M&A Run? Key Insights from the ACG M&A East Conference [Blog Post]
- Greg Hogan, Principal at SC&H Capital, Discusses ESOP Trends [Podcast]
- What Differentiates SC&H Capital’s M&A, ESOP, and Business Valuation Expertise? [Video]
- Representative M&A Transaction and Capital Raise Success for SC&H Capital [Case Studies]
- The Future of Healthcare IT: Making Your Middle-Market Company a Prime M&A Target [White Paper]