Managing Director - SC&H Capital
Chris is the founder of SC&H Capital, and currently leads all aspects of the practice. With more than 30 years of investment banking experience, Chris specializes in assisting public and privately held companies with:
- Corporate divestitures and acquisitions
- Debt and equity financing
- Strategic and operational planning
- Business valuations
- Financial and transactional advisory
Besides his current experience in investment banking with SC&H Capital and his past experience with several national accounting firms, Chris has served as a corporate strategy professor in two graduate schools of business; Loyola University Maryland’s Sellinger School of Business and the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, where he served as the Director of the Capstone Program for 10 years.
Chris has a track record of helping boards of directors and management teams to increase shareholder value. He has advised organizations on the best methods for achieving goals, provided real-world tools for measuring and evaluating progress, and led sell-side, buy-side, and capital raising transactions.
With experience spanning various industries—including healthcare, real estate, federal government contracting, IT, manufacturing, distribution, consumer products, and business services—Chris’ transactional and advisory service engagements have involved over $5 billion, in aggregate.
Awards and Presentations
Chris was named a “Top Advisor” by SmartCEO Magazine, and he received the Johns Hopkins University Alumni Association Excellence in Teaching Award for his work as a professor at the university’s business school.
Further, Chris was recognized on the Baltimore Business Journal “40 Under 40” list. He is a regular contributor to the Baltimore Business Journal and Washington Business Journal, as well as several national publications. Chris is also a speaker to national and regional industry groups on issues affecting corporate finance, strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, and business valuation.
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Board Member, Betamore
- Board Member, Johns Hopkins Medicine Heart and Vascular Institute
- Former Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Wheeling Jesuit University
- Co-Founder, Cyber MD
- Former Board Member, Loyola University Maryland Accounting Advisory Board
- Former Board Member, Baltimore County Executive Advisory Board
- Former Board Member, Catholic Charities
- Former Board Member, MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
- Former Board Member, Supportive Housing Group
- M.B.A degree with a concentration in Finance, Loyola University, Maryland (graduated with Alpha Sigma Nu distinction)
- B.A. degree in Economics, Miami University
- General Securities Representative (Series 7)
- General Securities Principal (Series 24)
- Uniform Securities Agent (Series 63)
- Investment Banking Representative (Series 79)
- HIT Consultant: M&A Expert Talks Four Trends Emerging from the Health IT M&A Market [Article]
- EHR Intelligence: How Health IT Interoperability Is Driving Healthcare M&A [Guest Article]
- Success Matters Series: Avoiding the Status Quo ― Lessons Learned From an Entrepreneurial Company Celebrating 107 Years of Success [Podcast]