Principal - SC&H Group
When a client that was new to the firm called with a “quick question” about selling their business, Angelo and the tax team were able to offer a different structure to defer and potentially reduce income taxes for both the seller and the buyer. Recognizing that people approach issues from different perspectives, worked in the client’s favor. Angelo is a Principal in SC&H Group’s Tax & Advisory Services practice. He brings more than 30 years of public accounting experience and has lectured on various technical tax subjects. Angelo is a solid resource in assisting clients with federal and state income tax with a focus on middle and large market clients, and pass-through entities. He provides tax planning and mergers and acquisitions experience to help create tax efficient structures.
Prior to joining SC&H, Angelo was a Tax Senior Manager for a ‘Big 4’ accounting firm and for a national accounting firm. He brings years of experience providing tax planning for clients in various industries on both a national and international level.
Prior to that, Angelo was a Chief Financial Officer for an architectural and engineering firm and a federal tax manager of a global leader in the manufacturing, marketing and distributing of spices, seasonings and flavors. He has knowledge of U.S. income tax issues including accounting methods, pass-through entities and tax efficiency studies.
A graduate of Loyola University, Maryland, Angelo is a Certified Public Accountant licensed to practice in Maryland. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and an active member of the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants, serving as Chairman of the Advanced Tax Institute for its presentation on Partnerships and Real Estate.
- SC&H Group Video: SC&H Group's Philosophy of Cultivating Trust
- 2015 Year-End Tax Planning For Businesses and Individuals [Webinar]
- Three Key Takeaways from the 2016 AICPA Global Manufacturing Conference [Blog Post]
- Tax Alert: R&D Tax Credit Update for Startups and Small Businesses [Blog Post]
- Supporting a Growing Industry: Mike Young Discusses New Advisory Practice Serving Maryland’s Medical Cannabis Companies [Video]
- Understanding and Planning for Section 280E as a Medical Cannabis Business [Blog Post]
- Preparing for the Future of Your Cannabusiness [Blog Post]
- Dealing with Large Cash Volumes and Filing Form 8300 [Blog Post]
- 2016 Year-End Tax Planning and Post-Election Tax Updates [Webinar]
- Special Cannabusiness Considerations: Handling Large Cash Volumes [Blog Post]